Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wrestling (The Good & The Bad)

Wrestling is my sport. I love it, but like everything it has it's pros and cons. I'll start with the cons. I've been wrestling since 2003 and I have seen so much negativity. Most of it comes from the politics of the sport such as who's better? Who sucks? Which coach is better? And so on!

In the case of Varsity Wrestlers, jesus lord! I have never seen so many corrupted and arrogant children in my life! I had a teammate once who was a very good friend during my early years in wrestling. In my senior year, sadly, he was sucked into the politics and our friendship faded away.

As a coach, I tired to keep things fair and focus on all my kids, but there are some coaches out there who like to favor certain kids (the better wrestlers). As a result, those kids become hard headed and rude and it makes me want to go Chuck Norris on someone. But it's important to remember that there are always better ways to deal with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment